B&B owners - Overcome Instagram writer's block with 10 ChatGPT promptsMay 18, 2023
In my previous blog post I talked through how to use ChatGPT to help you write blog posts for your bed and breakfast website.
If you missed it you can read it here >> How to use ChatGPT to write blog posts faster as a B&B owner
This week is part 2 and I’m going to suggest how you can make your social media marketing a whole easier and overcome Instagram writer's block with 10 ChatGPT prompts.
Just as with writing a blog, I bet there aren’t many of us that haven’t found our minds going completely blank when we open Instagram ready to post something to promote our business.
Let me start by saying, I don't use my Bed and Breakfast Academy Instagram account to actively promote my business. I don't need to as most of my customers find me through Google and Pinterest. So I just post when and what I want - within reason...
BUT - I do think social media is perfect for promoting your B&B.
I'm still actively involved in promoting tourism on social media. As a bit of side hustle, I do the social media marketing for @visitshropshirehills - promoting Shropshire being one of my favourite things to do - and I’m often struck with that “What on earth am I going to write today?” moment.
This is where ChatGPT can come in really useful. It’s great for generating ideas and even writing captions.
Just a reminder. As I said in my last post, be careful of relying too much on copying and pasting from ChatGPT. Make sure that what you use from it is factually correct and written in your own “voice”
Getting started using ChatGPT
First off you’ll need to sign up for chatGPT here >> ChatGPT Free Sign Up
Then just type the prompts I've written below ( adapting appropriately ) into the box at the bottom of the ChatGPT page that says Send a message
ChatGPT will store your previous responses on the left of the screen, but I like to copy the ones I find useful into a Google Doc so I can easily access and edit them.
If you click the clipboard icon to the right of the top of ChatGPT’s response, it copies it to the clipboard and you can paste it into Google.
Change the "tone of voice" of the ChatGPT responses
One thing you can do is change the tone of the voice you want the response to be in. For example, you can ask it to respond in the following tones:
Try typing in “Tell me about the experience of eating a full english breakfast about my south shropshire bed and breakfast in a humorous tone of voice”
Or change it to “...in a Masterchef tone of voice”, “... in a casual tone of voice”
You can also ask it to limit the response to a certain number of characters or words.
I've created the following prompts to get you started. But do experiment and create your own, remembering to give ChatGPT as much info as you like.
10 suggested prompts to generate social media ideas and posts for B&B owners
- Suggest 15 Instagram posts to promote my South Shropshire bed and breakfast for the month of June
- What photos can I post to show a casual, relaxed atmosphere at my bed and breakfast
- What photos can I use to show that we offer a luxurious breakfast experience at my bed and breakfast
- What hashtags shall I use to promote a post about 5 castles to visit in South Shropshire
- Write an Instagram captions about how do you like your eggs in the morning at my B&B that will engage discussion with my followers
- What are the best instagram captions that a B&B owner can post that will generate lots of comments on my posts
- How do i get more people to engage with my B&B instagram account
- What reels can I post to show off my bed and breakfast
Create a caption about a day out in South Shropshire
- How do I respond to, in a humorous tone, to a troll who says that they don't like my photo on my B&B instagram account.
I hope you found that useful.
Please do tag me ( @bedandbreakfastacademy ) in any posts you create using these prompts.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news & updates from B&B Academy
Don't worry, your information will not be shared
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason. You can unsubscribe at any time